Stephan,

We just got back from two weeks of fun--four days in London (where we had
sense enough not to bother renting a car--and ten days of touring Ireland
in right-side-steering, shift-with-your-left-hand car.  We had a ball!
Yes, we had our fair share of wing mirror mishaps (thanking heaven they
bend and spring back), but that's part of the fun.  Having lived in England
for 2.5 years quite some time ago, I learned to adjust my driving to
accommodate their roads (though both our Hillman and our Yanktank Dodge
station wagon had left-hand drive).  We even braved those roads in northern
Scotland with the cozy laybyes--and those fearsome tour buses--but the
scenery and camping experience were worth it (Brian, we dreamed of having a
little caravan like yours some day but at the time used a large tent for us
and the then just five kids, 5-11).  This time around, I declined to
drive--my left hand isn't strong enough to handle that shifting--but that
meant  I communed with lots of hedges re-e-e-a-l close up.  Ireland's roads
are even twistier than Britain's IMO but, to them, driving on the left is
right.  When in Rome....or rather Inverness, Bury St. Edmunds or
Kerry...think LEFT and  vive le difference!   And aren't they in the ECM
already?.   I sort of hope they don't change too much or why travel?

I suspect you were speaking tongue-in-cheek but I thought I'd add a
different view.  Driving on the left wasn't as hard as riding herd on the
five in the back seats!

Kathy Kunz