David,
        Dad did some checking around here in Ohio, and while there is someone giving
the injections at Cleveland Clinic, he does not give them to Parkinson's
patients. My guess is that he must use a general anesthesia. Dad then asked
Dr. Berke at UCLA (who will give Dad his first injection on Sept. 5)if there
is anyone else around the country giving the injections to PWPs, and he said
that he's currently the only one doing it. However, Dr. Berke did say that
he's training other people in the procedure. We're hoping that one of Dad's
doctors will be interested enough in it once Dad has the injections that he
or she will be willing to learn the procedure from Dr. Berke. You're right,
the speech therapy isn't going to restore your voice. Dad had 6-8 weeks of it
last summer, and if anything, his voice keeps getting worse. At least then I
could hear him sometimes, but now often no sound comes out when his lips are
moving! So, we're looking forward to hearing his voice again soon (17 days
and counting...) I'll let you know if anyone here decides to do the
injections. I don't know where you are, but Ohio might be closer! Trish