David,
        I almost forgot, I think the only requirements are that you are not allergic
to the collagen (they give a shot of it under the skin, then wait 30 days to
see if there's a reaction). Also, it's expensive, and I don't know if
Medicare pays on it, so around $500 a shot is needed. Also, they give a
little test by listening to the way you speak. If you form all of the words
correctly (no lisps or sound substitutions), but it's just that you can't
make your voice get loud enough, then you're probably a good candidate.
        Dad will be online around Christmas, until then I'll try to keep you updated
as to his progress. Trish