My husband (65/.5) and I just met with our congressman, Joe Moakley.  We
thanked him for co-sponsoring the Udall Bill and asked him to help it pass in
the next session.  He spoke with feeling about Mo Udall and also said he has
heard more about Parkinson's Disease in the past year than in the rest of his
life, and why was that?  I said perhaps because so many younger people have
been diagnosed with it.  He made no promises about the Bill but was receptive
and sympathetic.  We left a letter with an aide who seemed thrilled that we
had thought to type up our concerns.
  We also expressed dismay about the current health care system, and he was
sympathetic.  We talked with an aide about it before we met with Moakley and
the aide said this is becoming a country of health care "haves" and
"have-nots."
     A reporter sat in on our meeting (with our permission) and asked to talk
with us afterward.  We filled her ears with lots of information about PD and
she scribbled furiously.  Maybe it will all help.
    Delda White ([log in to unmask])