hi kathie t.

you wrote:
>... am now only taking 50-60% of the sinemet I used pre-Mirapex!
>I find this good news! I am VERY sensitive to sinemet
>dosing now, just 10 mgs too much will set me off into
>dyskinesia, so I think I will start using a pill-cutter
>and get fine-tuned. With reduction in the sinemet, I am
>no longer  racing a thousand miles an hour, so I am sleeping
>better also. Boy, that first week at 1.5 mgs was a hum-dinger!

this IS all really good news!
cutting back on the sinemet is terrific!
i hope you are still fine-tuning successfully
i wonder if the liquid sinemet trick might help with the dosing?
but anyway, i would think that it would take several days or even weeks
to settle down into a smooth steady routine

> ... Ron is doing a little better, just taking his meds
>on time is helping, plus we have discontinued the
>night-time Eldepryl and the morning Olanzepine, so
>his sleep/wake thing is semi-normal now.

and this is also really good news!
i would think just getting into a normal sleep pattern
would help anyone immensely
let alone a parkie
let alone a parkie who's been incorrectly medicated

were you ever able to determine how the eldepryl
got prescribed to be taken at nightime,
and how long ron was taking it that way?
i'm really curious about it ...
and the stubborn nippin yippin terrier in me
just doesn't want to let go of this bone!

between your plea for help re ron and lucy's plea for help re her dad
i've been doing more 'digging' into pd drug-induced psychosis
and will be posting the results shortly ...

that whole area can get pretty scarey ...
and it bothered me even more so after i read jerry's post
that 25% of all hospital admissions were due to medication mistakes
yikes!

there is so much info out there
that so many professionals don't have a handle on ...

i'm hoping that my posting the actual news clippings and abstracts
will be useful not just for our own knowledge
but also for backup support in dealing
with our medical advisors

it's one thing to tell your neuro
about this great med you heard about on this great list on the internet
but it's quite another to present a copy of the abstract at the same time!

>A million thanks for all the ideas, testimonies,
>encouragement I received during this crisis...
>the list really was a 4 star resource.

i truly believe that we are breaking new ground here
we are the pioneers on a new frontier

>... I personally have 2 close friends in their 40's with severe
>hallucination problems, their wives are both considering
>home care for them because they can no longer manage them.

kathie, at the risk of sounding like my brain is stuck in a rut
these two sound to me like cases of sinemet overdose
or something else wrong in their meds routine

i could be wrong
and i know i'm no medical 'expert'
but my instinct tells me that parkies that young
shouldn't be suffering that much
and i don't think they and their carers should just accept it
maybe they need second opinions ?
or maybe even a general overhaul and evaluation at a pd centre ?

or better yet, maybe they need to join us on this list!!!

your cyber-cys

janet