Hi!  I'm  new to this network. I'm enjoying reading all the correspondence.
 I wrote a couple of poems about my PD experience. I thought I would share
them.  Not literary classics, but some of you might find them interesting.

Phil McCrillis

VOICES
The voices tell me "Wait,
Don't try that yet."
Or they say
"Maybe you can't"
Or ask
"Do you know how?"
And  when I listen to them,
and their voice is soft and kind,
my steps begin to hesitate into that familiar shuffle
where my feet do not want to go forward
even though they know very well how
after all these years.

And clothes,
especially socks,
seem not to want to come on my body
because my hands do not know how to call them
And I seem to forget how to turn over in bed,
how to start that task
Even signing my very familiar name
has a how-to-start question attached
and as I type my fingers do not seem to want to get to the keys.
And I sink into the voices

But I have learned not to listen to the voices,
at least most of the time.
Their quiet gentle invitation to be crippled
Because, make no mistake,
that is what they want
They are not friends hoping I will rest
Soothing me when I am stressed
They are the enemy
Who want me to slip into death
Not real death,
that would be all right
But fearful, hesitant death
That takes life away just as surely ,
But with no promise of any kind of heaven
They would love me into dull-eyed shuffling existence
If they could

But they cannot
I will not die their funny death for them
I will live boldly in spite of them
I will not fear life for them
I will live it for me and those I love.

A BAD DAY
This funny sickness has me again in its grip.
It does not make me bleed but rather twitch
It does not give me pain but rather shakes
It shakes and twitches me so I cannot sleep
It reminds me quickly if I have not exercised
When I think the fork won't tremble it does
But not when I think it will ...strange!
It is like it exists on its own
causing my body to betray itself
to me
and to the others
who pity while I burn with annoyance and embarrassment

Sometimes it is all right
Sometimes it is not
And today is one of those
My body annoying me with its insistence and drumming
Tensing on its own
Making me feel tense when I am not
Reminding me of its long term grinding presence
That will never go away
Until I leave it
to go away.

It is true that shit happens
It is true that I am learning from it all
It is true that I am little impeded
In my journey, wherever I am going
But today I'd rather walk there than shuffle
I'd rather have handshakes than hands shake
I favor eating the things on my fork or spoon
Rather than spraying them on myself or the room
Sleep seems preferable to twitching
All in all, Lord, I think it,
In the words of the Bard,
Sucks!