I've seen many posts re speech problems.  All seem to relate to vocal cords,
breathing, the physical apparatus of speech in general.  I am 55/5+, & do
have those problems; for me they (fortunately) are still manageable.  I'm
also the main caregiver for my father-in-law 86/1++++.  He, too has speech
problems & is seeing a speech therapist.  He works hard at what he learns, &
this has helped a little.

However, his main problem with speech seems to be cognitive.  Starting
several yrs ago, he became less & less able to get out what he wants to say,
as if he has had small strokes.  These, however, have been ruled out.  Is
this an aspect of dementia?  Is there help for this?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.