Hello friends,

Last Tuesday I wanted to die.  This is serious.  I spent 8 hours on my bed,
unable to move on my own.  Much of my body, legs and arms were moving, but not
when I wanted them to.  I was sweating terribly, and the contractions/cramps
were the worst I have ever experienced in my life.  And most of all I had no
control of any of it.  I laid there and cried.

I was suffering severe dystonia.  I went to the neuro today.  He said I have
"DID", dystonia & dyskinesia from the Sinemet CR.  I seem to be sensitive to it.
 At first I was on 50/200 3 times a day, then he cut it in half, 25/100 3 times
a day and now only 2 times a day, but I still am having trouble as it begins to
take effect and when it wears off.

Now he wants me to take Permax(Pergolide).  We will be cutting the Sinemet to
once a day and adding the Permax.

I read the paper with the Permax.  Now, I would like to know what it means.
What can I expect?  My neuro has talked of keeping the dopamine level even in my
blood.  He said that the Permax has a longer "half-life" than Sinemet?  I do not
understand this, and I do not know what it means to my body.

Thank you for helping me with information and experience.  Even though I have
been taking Sinemet for nearly 2 years now, I am such a novice.

don't forget how to laugh (I will keep trying)
Marling McReynolds
[log in to unmask]   or    [log in to unmask]