At 07:12 PM 8/25/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I am gong with a daughter whose company is sending her on business.
>Please tell me what I MUST SEE....

Mary, when Georges Becker suggested that you visit the CN Tower, he forgot
to mention that on a clear day you could see Niagara Falls.  I once lived
in Niagara Falls, and I know that on clear days I could see Toronto.
They're separated by about 90 kilometers as crow flies.

If you get to Niagara Falls, the falls themselves are still a wonderous
sight, and the Canadians have bedecked them with beautiful gardens.  There
are historic spots, like Fort George in Canada and Fort Niagara in the
U.S., where the U.S. and Britain clashed in the War of 1812.  There is also
the Welland Canal, where ocean-going ships are "lifted" over the nearly 100
meter difference between Lakes Erie and Ontario.  Give yourself at least an
hour and a half to see a complete cycle at flight locks 4, 5, and 6.

Canada is full of separatists - those in Quebec who want to separate Quebec
from the rest of Canada and those in Niagara Falls who want to separate
tourists from their money.  Most of the beauty and sights are yours to see
free - the Canal in particular.  Elsewhere you might have  to pay parking
fees here and there.

Back in Toronto, at this time of year the Canadian National Exposition may
be in progress.  It is a major annual fair, worth your time if it is still
running.  Otherwise, Toronto is a cosmpolitan city with many ethnic centers
to explore.

Hope I haven't wasted too much bandwidth, but there's much to see, and this
is only a start.  Enjoy.

Art

Arthur Hirsch [] [log in to unmask] [] Lewisville, TX

               Always Remember This:
     Happiness Is Right, So Choose Happiness