"Charles T. Meyer" <[log in to unmask]> said:
>Well said.  I agree entirely.  People getting info off of the WWW or
>other internet sources should evaluate the source carefully before
>accepting as truth what is there.  The Internet is totally unregulated.
>That is both its strength and weakness.  Beware of fantastic claims like
>someone has the cure for PD.  Or claims that the same thing works for
>numerous diseases.

This unregulated nature of the Internet is exactly why I think the more
"reputable" PD organisations such as the USA's APDA and NPF, the UK's PDS,
etc. *must* get onto the web and provide a balanced, neutral perspective.

At the moment information on the web is really there due to
people/organisations with specific interests. The material they publish is
naturally coloured by their interest & enthusiasm.

Fortunately there are groups who's mandate is to provide a balanced
perspective - the national PD organisations - and they would be a valuable
addition to the body of PD information on the web. All we have to do is
convince them :-)

Simon

--------- My opinions are my own, NIP's opinions are theirs ----------
Simon J. Coles                                 Email: [log in to unmask]
New Information Paradigms                  Work Phone: +44 1344 778783
http://www.nipltd.com/                     Work Fax:   +44 1344 772510
=============== Life is too precious to take seriously ===============