Just thought I would let everyone know that my mother is going to get a
pallidotomy thru Kaiser (!), in Northern Calif. We have been flying/driving
up there from Southern Calif, for the baseline appointments and have
successfully made it up to the 3rd appt. and then the surgery.
As the person-who-doesn't-have-pd, I am constantly amazed at the willpower
my mother has summoned up to go thru with this procedure. I am very proud
of her for facing the challenges involved.
Despite all the difficulties involved, emotionally and physically, I am
glad to share this time with her, to experience a whole new phase in our
mother-daughter relationship.
The team at Kaiser is a top-notch group of warm, intelligent and
compassionate people (mostly women in the group!)