A couple of mornings ago, I was trying to wake up with NPR news and thought I heard a report about an Alzheimer's study, the gist of which was:

        on autopsy, some folks without AZ symptoms show brain pathology like AZ patients but WITHOUT
        evidence of inflammation

        while symptomatic folks' brains show pathology with inflammation

        so the hypothesis is that some autoimmune process is involved in triggering Alzheimer's.

Haven't seen anything in print (but then the Kansas City Star isn't exactly big-league journalism).

1.  Anybody else know anything about this??

2.  Might the triggering of PD also involve inflammation/immune system??

Mary
Mary Rack cg for Mom Louise 76/6ish