hi carol

you wrote:
>I have been confined to a wheelchair for three weeks now
>with severe neck and hip pain. I am wondering if this could
>all be due to muscle spasm from "shuffling".

poor sis! what a nasty situation!

did any change occur in your meds, routine, lifestyle, diet, etc
say 4 or 5 weeks ago that might have instigated this problem?

i can't see that shuffling would have anything to do with it
unless you just started shuffling in the past few weeks!

>I take 10-12 sinemet 25/100, 3 baclofen, 1-1/2 permax and .125 mirapex.

i'm only a lay-parkie type person not a medico
but two things here jumped out at me:

10-12 sinemet 25/100 results in a daily intake of
250-300mg carbidopa and 1000-1200mg levodopa
i believe that your carbidopa level is in the high range
and may be causing problems especially over a long period of time

i'm interested to see that you're taking both permax and mirapex
i had the impression that one would switch from permax to mirapex
and not take them at the same time

when did you start the mirapex?

>I believe there are so many symptoms that pwp's have
>that our physicians don't understand.

i agree with you wholeheartedly on this one!
we really have to be our own best advocates

besides being complex
pd symptoms and optimum treatment
are specific to each individual's 'chemical stew'

please let us know how you get on

your syber-sis

janet