Hello all,

I don't remember reading of anyone on the list having a problem with "peripheral
edema"?  It is listed as one of the side effects of Permax.

My neuro put me on Permax a week and a half ago.  He said to take one a day for
the first week and add one per day each week until I build up to 8 (4/2Xday) a
day as needed.

The first week went very well.  I cut my Sinemet and took one permax a day.  I
felt much better.  This week I have begun to take 2 a day.  I now have edema
(swelling) in my feet and ankles. It is beginning to hurt my calves.  One of the
local gp's said I may not be able to take Permax because of this.

I will call my neuro on Monday, however, I was wondering if any of you had had a
similar experience and what you did about it.

Thanks to all of you.

don't forget how to laugh
Marling
[log in to unmask]     or     [log in to unmask]