At 09:13 PM 8/22/97 -0400, Ken wrote:
My serious question: without spending
>almost $2000 on a laptop what is the least expensive device I can use on a
>motel phone, to get my email, and maybe get on AOL to check my stock
>portfolio?

Ken, Flex USA (1-800-934-8841) in IL, has a COMPAQ Armada laptop for $999.
(100 MHz. Pentium, 810 MB HDD, 8MB RAM) or a Palm Pilot Pro used for e-mail
and Internet for $389, or an IBM Thinkpad for $1099(133MHz., 8 MB RAM, 1.08
GB HDD).  Flex also has rebuilt notebook, laptop, and desk top systems for
under $1000.  You can also get a personal digital assistant (PDA) which
gives you e-mail, net, basic computer "stuff" (word processing, excel, etc)
and fax capability for $500- $700.
                                                                        Peace, John