jim and emily jackson wrote:

> Jerry and others with experience:
> We are looking for more  information about Propulsid, which our neuro
> prescribed for Jim, and which he has just started taking.  RX says one tab
> 4X/day; is this to be interpreted as "during a crisis situation", or, like,
> "forever", like Metamucil?  Thanks for any input.  Saw Jerry's Aug. 7 post,
> and have requested archives from John Cottingham, but they haven't come
> through yet.  BTW: boy, is Propulsid expensive!!!
> Emily Jackson, CP (good "new" term) Jim 69/1
Propulsid (Cisapride) is usually given for gastric reflux, as it
stimulates emptying of the stomach. It also helps in constipation of PD
patients, but in a clinical trial its effectiveness was lost after about
a year of use. See Movement Disorders (no pun intended)1997;12:423-425.
Cheers,
Joe

J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road