David,

Some mail programs automatically wrap text lines when
you resize the window. You might check your options
and see if you have this feature turned off.

The font size you have selected can also limit the
number of characters displayed on the screen.

I can't seem to find the characters per line option,
but I have noticed that the list server seems to have
it set lower than my mail program. I probably need
to start inserting hard carriage returns in my posts
rather than letting by mail program wrap it.

Hope this post is better. Please respond by
direct E-mail.

Thanks.

Phil G. [log in to unmask]