Dear Helen - You wrote,

>       I called Kaiser and they knew nothing about  Mirapex but said I
should
>call the maker.   Can you fill me in more about who makes it and where I can
>get information to give my Nuro.
>        After giving me other meds, my Nuro said if Sinemet does not work,
he
>didn't think he could do more.  He told me to take 25/100 Sinemet CR, whole
>or half three times a day plus one whole before bedtime.   I'm also on
Prozac
>and 1 Benedryl per day.  Benedryl helps tremmor, and may help me sleep at
>night.

I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle, and the fact that you can't get good
information from your neuro.  Mirapex (generic name Pramipexole) is made by
Pharmacia-Upjohn.  It was released by the FDA about the first or second week
of July.

I really feel that the people who can't take an adequate amount of Sinemet
due to side effects will profit the most from it - that's just my opinion,
based on what we've seen it do for Dick.

Would it help if you took a copy of my previous letter to your doctor to show
him what it has done for one patient who has problems similar to yours?

Wishing you the best of luck.  Please let us know what the results are.

Margie Swindler      [log in to unmask]