From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange on behalf of Trish Scarmuzzi
Sent:   Monday, August 25, 1997 9:14 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Re: Hound Dog

Hey all you Baby Boomers, some of us late Baby Boomers are also into the
music of the 50s and 60s! Whenever I tell people that I'm a huge Beach Boys
and Jan & Dean fan (my online name stands for the Jan & Dean Lady-a nickname
a record shop owner gave me because whenever I'd go to record shows, I'd ask
for anything by Jan & Dean), people usually say I'm too young to remember
them. That's true, but I still enjoy their music! In fact, I saw the Beach
Boys in concert again this past May and really enjoyed the show. Then last
Friday (Aug. 22), I saw Jan & Dean in concert! They were incredible! In fact,
after the concert, Jan (who has brain damage from a car accident 31 years
ago) comes out front, talks with the fans, sells merchandise (the proceeds of
which go to the Jan Berry Center for the Brain Injured in Downey, CA), and
signs autographs. Dean also signs autographs after the show, although it is a
little harder to reach him. I'm not trying to name drop here but, I got both
of their autographs, and talked briefly with both of them. Very nice guys,
both of them! their music seems to be something that people of all ages
enjoy, as I saw many "seniors" and alot of small children (3-4 years old)
dancing and enjoying the show. Trish