Art K....

DARN!!!  Tho I no longer have it, I did buy a copy of "Archy & Mehitabel" at
THE most wonderful, unique bookstore many years ago.  In fact, I went wild
buying up hardbound copies of many of my old favorites which had been
long-since-crumbled-to-dust paperbacks.

The bookstore, BTW... is "Bart's Corners," located in the quaint little hamlet
of Ojai (pronounced "OH high" to those of you who aren't familiar with our
"California-type-Spanish") <smile>.   Ojai is only about 50 minutes away from
my home in Los Angeles' San Fernando Valley, but it's WORLDS away when you
compare it to L.A!

Bart's Corners is large outdoor bookstore, that permits the buyer to purchase
books on the honor system when the place is closed for the evening.  Any of
the books outside the gate may be bought by simply tossing your money over the
fence!  NEAT!!!

Bart's Corners stacks are set up under the canape of a huge and very old
California Oak tree... and there's a tiny turn-of-the-century cottage with 3
little rooms containing rare books cozying up to the old oak which keeps it
cool inside all thru the hot summer days..

Errr... geee... I didn't mean to present a travelogue to ya all.  But IF ya
come to the L.A. area, and IF ya are a book-lover, DO try to take a side trip
to Ojai!  It's an interesting and "artsy" kinda of town at the very least...
and well worth a visit.

Barb Mallut