Thanks Margie Nestler for getting our battle with Parkinson's Diseases and the
recognition congressman William Coyne,D-Oakland, PA deserves posted in the Pittsburgh
Post-Gazette. Maybe we could get everyone to write to their local newspapers and
do the same--whatever it takes to get  the Udall bill passed.The following article
appeared in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette -letter to the editor-on sunday 8-24-97:

BATTLING PARKINSON'S-

Parkinson's Disease is a progressive, debilitating , neurological disorder.  Robbed
of normal muscle movement, Parkinson's patients eventually become prisoners in their
own frozen bodies. Currently, Parkinson's affects 1.5 million Americans--with 50,000
more diagnosed each year.

But there is hope.  Medical research has made significant progress in a number
of promising areas, and there are realistic expectations for improved treatments and
possibly even a cure in the near future.

To achieve this goal, legislation has been introduced in the congress. Titled
the Morris K. Udall Parkinson's Research and education Act, this landmark legislation
establishes an aggressive research agenda to rid our nation of the physical,
emotional and economic burden of Parkinson's.

I and many Parkinson's sufferers in or state wish to thank U.S. representative
William Coyne D-Oakland for co-sponsering the Udall Bill. I hope he will be an example
for the rest of Pennsylvania's congressional delegation.

MARGIE NESTLER<[log in to unmask]>