On Thu 28 Aug, Helen Griffiths wrote:
> My father asked if I would pass on a question to the group.  He is on L
> Dopa and Bromocriptine.  His main problems now are balance and freezing.
> Does anyone have ideas on how to ease these?  Also, how would I search the
> archives for this once John returns from Perth?
> I would appreciate any responses in email if possible.  I thank you in
> advance.
>
> Helen

Hello Helen,  Both freezing and balance problems are indicative of being
under-medicated.  I am guessing from your questions that you are a relative
newcomer to the mysteries of PD; The first lesson that you must learn is
that you cannot take a standard amount of L-Dopa and just sit back.
Everyone tends to have different requirements, and it is really the role of
either the patient or the carer to work out what is required. Fortunately,
a newly-diagnosed PWP tends to be very tolerant to accidental over-dosing,
so you learn as you go along.  Later on, things get more tricky, and you
may need help.  A good general rule is always to try to keep the intake of
L-Dopa to a minimum lavel, consistent with satisactory operation.

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>