Sue,
The external condom catheter (around $1.50 each) are wonderful for men.  Us
women get left out :-).  My parkie has the following--a condom catheter
connected to a regular drainage bag which holds 2000 mls. at night (keeps us
from getting up to the bathroom) and in the day time the condom catheter is
connected to a leg bag and empted when needed (holds 500 ml.  Makes our life
much better than changing clothes all the time.  Mel also does not object to
an attend.  If we go to church, he always wears an attend.  Sometimes the
condom catheter can come undone and the chair get wet so with the attend we
know the pew will not get wet.
I take him to a movie and he does not have to get up but I do to go to the
bathroom, ha.  Home health furnishes the condom and bags, we are most
fortunate.
Mary CG for Mel 76/11