        I am in my final year of law school.  This semester I have taken a course
"Bioethics and the Law".  For this course I am required to present an
in-depth research paper of approx. 30-40 pages, and then make an oral
presentation (of about an hour) to the class.

        I have chosen to defend the use of fetal tissue transplantation and
research as it may be used to benefit those with neuro-degenerative
disorders such as Parkinson's as well as other conditions including
diabetes, severe immunodeficiency diseases and hereditary storage disorders
such as Hurler's, Gaucher's and DiGeorge's syndromes.

        I must pay particular attention to the emotional, ethical, political,
socio-economic and of course legal implications of this type of research. I
am not researching the scientific/medical procedures themselves, but rather
the struggle of the law to keep up with bio-medical science and the
problems society must deal with when tremendous medical discoveries create
unusual ethical dilemmas.

        Any advice, information or suggestions as to possible sources of the
latest research available would be greatly appreciated.

        I am 29 years old and was Dx with Parkinson's about two years ago, so I
have a particular interest in this area of Bio-medical research, as
probably many of you may have as well.

        Please feel free to e-mail me directly, as not to offend those who may be
opposed to this area of research. (those offended please let me know why
you disagree, your opinion is deeply desired also)  All comments are
welcomed-even if you totally are against Fetal Tissue Research.

        When my research paper is complete I will gradly make it available if any
one is intrested. (estimated date of completion: November/December 1997).

        Thank you in advance for your help.

                                        Richard L. Pikunis, Jr.

                                        e-mail:  [log in to unmask]