Martina,
        Dad went through the traditional speech therapy for low voice (he can barely
speak above a whisper) about a year ago. It was very difficult for him, since
he was told only to use what words were necessary. For example, instead of
saying "Could you please bring me my glasses?" he was taught to say only
"Glasses, please." My father is a  very intelligent man, which is usually
signified in the length of utterance (at least this is what I've been taught
through my training as a teacher of students with multiple
disabilities-including speech/language disabilities). So, owing to this, it
was very difficult for him to remember that he had to use only a few words to
convey the same message! He also had to emphasize the vowel sounds with each
utterance, and also had to concentrate on his posture: keeping his head up
when speaking, keeping his back straight so he could get enough air when
speaking, etc. This is really difficult for a person with Parkinson's!
        Through this list, Dad heard of a procedure that is currently being
performed only in Los Angeles, CA at the UCLA Neck and Throat Clinic. Dr.
Berke is going to give Dad the first in a series of bovine collagen
injections that will tighten his vocal cords (the vocal cords in PWPs tend to
remain apart, rather than come together) this Friday (Sept. 5). Depending on
how long it takes for his body to absorb the collagen, Dad will have to
return to UCLA four months after the initial injection, then every 6 months
thereafter. We are hoping that someone here in Ohio will take an interest in
learning the technique Dr. Berke uses, so that Dad won't have to do so much
travelling! There are people here in Ohio who give the injections, however,
no one here givesas been of some help to you! Trish