On Sat 30 Aug, Ida Kamphuis wrote:
> Dear Listmembers,
>
> The decision is taken. I'll have a pallidotomy at 23 september. Although my
> symptoms have diminished to a point that allows me to live again, I decided to
> have a pallidotomy.

Ida, I wish you all the best with your Pallidotomy. It does seem to be an
appropriate course of action.  May I suggest, if it is not already settled,
that you clarify one point: Does your surgeon propose to carry out a single
or a 'double' (bi-lateral ?) pallidotomy, and are your PD symptoms biased
toward one side? I ask this question because one of the most common comments
that I have seen after a single Pallidotomy concern the problems caused by
the 'unbalance' resulting from only having one side operated on.

Good luck,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>