I am new the list.  My husband (59) was diagnosed with Parkinsons about
eight years ago.  He is affected predominantly on his left side.  This past
winter he had a very rough time, particularly with depression.
Antidepressants made a big difference; however, his PD was clearly
deteriorating very quickly and he was no longer receiving a great deal of
relief from sinemet.

Three weeks ago he had a pallidotomy.  His symptoms (stiffness and rigidity)
were immediately reduced, and he no longer has problems with dyskensia.
After 10 days of feeling great, he has become very tired.  We know this is a
common--and temporary--after-effect of the surgery, and are trying not to be
discouraged. It would help to hear about the recovery time and patterns of
others.

Thanks!

Sharon Jeroski ([log in to unmask])