The Lee Silverman technique - which in my lay opinion is the only one that
really works - was developed by Dr. Lee Ramig of Denver, Co.  Her e-mail
address is [log in to unmask]

She has written me that there are five essential concepts of the technique.
1) exclusive focus on voice and improving vocal loudness. 2) High effort
treatment. Patients increase the amplitude to generate a louder voice. 3)
intensive treatment  4 sessions per week for 4 weeks. 4) calibration - focus
on self monitoring 5) quantification to motivate patients.

 There have been articles published in Advance magazine Feb 26, 1996; and
elsewhere.

There is also a video tape with some exercises in it that can be purchased,
but I would have to do some checking to find the address. I will do that if
you are interested.

Allan