Hi Sue,

I read your letter and feel the need to respond to your questions that I know
the answer to.  Yes it is possible for a person with PD to get Alzheimers and
yes they
do take alzheimers meds.  Unfortunately, there is no sure way to diagnos
Alzheimers without doing an autopsey.

The rust color to your Dad's urine could indicate a UTI and I would hope that
his Dr.
at least ordered a urinalysis to rule out infection. As for the incontinence,
that could also be caused by a UTI or even enlargement of the prostate gland.
 There is a device called a condom catherter that can be worn and attached to
a leg bag which collects the urine.  Ask your Dad's Dr. about the possibility
of getting one of them for your Dad to try.  It may make things easier for
him.  He may however have trouble emptying the bag with out assistance.
 Other than that, maybe they make a pad for men that justs sticks to the
inside of his underware.  Worth asking your pharmasist.

I hope this answers some of your questions.  Good luck.

Sue W.  45/2