On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, MR JOSEPH GIBBONS wrote:

> I have been following the wonderful reports of Mirapex in established
> PWP.  However, I would be very interested in hearing of anybody's
> experiences with Mirapex who is in early diagnosis or not on Sinemet.
> Thanks in advance.  Ann Gibbons

Hi Ann. A study was done on some 264 early PD patients and the results
were published in JAMA, July 9,1997 vol 278 No.2 pp. 125-130 entitled
_Safety and Efficacy of Pramipexole in Early Parkinson Disease_. The
conclusion of the study was:  "Pramipexole is saafe and effective as
short-term monotherapy in patients with early PD who are not receiving
levodopa.  Furhter study is warranted to determine the long term impact of
pramipexole on the progression of disability in PD and its value in
comparison with levodopa therapy  and other dopamine agonists."

"After 10  weeks of treatment, pramipexole treated subjets showed a 20%
improvement in total UPDRS scores."

  Sid Roberts   67/dx3
  [log in to unmask]       Youngstown, Ohio