Hi Barb:
This note is in response to you query.

My Movement disorder specialst is Dr. Efraim Perez. He obtained his movement
disorder training at the Parkinson Disease Foundation in NY City.

While training he was involved in the trials for Marapex and Ropinirole.  I
have become real friendly with the doctor and have recently been asked to
join his surgical protocol team. I have confidence in his advice.

Last week at my 3 month visit we talked about starting Marapex and he
suggested that I delay for a while. For many years I have been taking
Sinamet, Pardoval and  eldypryl.  My body accomodates these drugs and they
work adequately.  His suggestion was why try to accomodiate a new drug before
the effectiveness of my current medicines are exhausted.  He was also more
impressed with the results of the Ropinirole drug which was approved for
distribution this week. Much greater dosages of Ropinirole have been approved
by FDA  than for marapex thus giving physicans greater latitude to tinker
with the best dossage to be effective in the individual patient.
I elected to increase pardoval 10 mg per day and hold marapex in reserve.

Dale Severance