Henry --

Mom hasn't experienced any hearing loss.  Vision, physical & mental fitness - yes.

The weakness & depression could be one of those vicious cycles.  Is Lynne taking an antidepressant?  If so, does the dosage maybe need to be adjusted?

I've been talking with my doctor about cholesterol drugs.  I'm not sure which one he has in mind, but he said I'd need tests of liver function ... so that's something to ask Lynne's doc about.  The quick reference on Internet  just says "Headache, myalgia, insomnia, and gastrointestinal distress are the most common side effects reported" for lescol (generic name is  fluvastatin).

{{{{{ Henry & Lynne }}}}} as you face yet another challenge.

Mary