Irene Rosenthal writes;

>The affected leg is on the Parkinson side of my body here seems to be a
>constant movement of the toes in that leg The foot tends to feel like it is
>turning inward.  At times the leg feels normal but that seems to be happening
>less often.  The situatyion is better if I use a cane, if I do not sometimes
>I can walk a few blocks with no problem, sometimes the weakness starts
>immediately.  It is hhard to discribe the sensation. Think in terms of when
>you run a great distance and can run no more, thinkof how your legs feel at
>that time, that is haow my leg feels.   It has never stopped moving but I
>seem to drag it in order to go on,  It is very disheartening as it truly
>limits my activity and I was a very active person  There is no pain persay.
> I would appreciate any input.

Irene

Except for the toe curling  I am very familiar with the condition you
describe and  I'm sure many others will recognize your description.There is
a combination of achiness in the thighs and real loss of power so that the
effected leg really seems to drag.I also find that at times the leg seems
almost rigid like an iron bar.It all seems to be due to the wrong messages
getting to the muscle groups due to dopamine shortage and the only relief
comes from suitable medication which sometimes can be very effective and I
get an almost normal walk.That is why in a previous posting I asked for
infomation on your medication.

David Langridge