Barbara Mallut wrote:

> In the almost 22 years I've had PD I've only taken Sinemet (except for
> 2 years
> of taking Eldepryl in 1990 and '91) to treat it's symptoms.  No
> Permax, no
> Parlodol, no amantadine... no other prescription drugs for the
> disease.  I
> have had a unilateral pallidotomy for which I'm ever grateful.
>
> Since I stopped working last July, I've been able to cut the amount of
> Sinemet
> I'm taking to less than a third of the amount I took while employed.
> This
> means that since mid July I usually take 1/2 a Sinemet 25/250 twice a
> day
> (along with a multi-vitamin, additional vitamin E, and CQ10).
> Sometimes I may
> take an additional 1/2 Sinemet if I'm out late in the evening.  That's
> IT.

Barb M,

What simptoms do you have that are corrected by sinemet ? Do you have
offs during he day or night ? Outch! 22 years is quite a time...  :-)
and I am optimistic too that they will come with some new real good drug
to improve even more your symptoms.

Best wishes,

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+