Thanks Russ for the on-line courses information -- it was very timely.
We (at McGill) are meeting tomorrow to discuss on-line developments with
our own set of courses, among other issues. I have two questions for
CASLL-ers ( with apologies for not having been able to come to the last
Inkshed conference):

1. Who is doing or developing on-line writing/communications courses in
Canada right now?
2.  How are you inter-relating these with on-site courses, if at all?
We are currently in a rather complicated position. We have our regular
on-site classes, some increasingly mixed-delivery sections, and a
Distance Education version of our basic course.  We have also had in the
past, as some of you know,our own published text to use with our classes
--  so some of our course material was in hardcopy before it began to
move onto Websites.

Questions of copyright and course ownership can become very complex in
circumstances like these.   I'd be interested to hear other people's
current experiences.

Ann Beer
McGill Centre for the Study and Teaching of Writing
3700 McTavish
Montreal Que H3A1Y2

514-398-6960