Philippa asks the same question I asked of Rick off line -- to which
he answered,

> Beats me, I couldn't read it.  But I think what matters is that
> people know SFU is trying to hire in Writing & Rhetoric at the
> advanced ass't prof / junior associate prof level.  I presume that
> once they know those who are interested will contact Paul Delany
> (our chair) and/or Janet or myself.

My hunch is that it's one of those rogue files that "user-friendly"
mail programs like Netscape routinely think we want to attach to our
messages.  I haven't pursued decoding it, but if anyone has a mail
program that does it automagically and could let me know what it was,
I'd be happy to repost a translated version, if it's relevant.

                                __|~_
Russell A. Hunt            __|~_)_ __)_|~_           Aquinas Chair
St. Thomas University      )_ __)_|_)__ __)  PHONE: (506) 452-0424
Fredericton, New Brunswick   |  )____) |       FAX: (506) 450-9615
E3B 5G3   CANADA          ___|____|____|____/    [log in to unmask]
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.StThomasU.ca/hunt/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~