Date sent:      Wed, 3 Sep 1997 06:41:05 -1000
From:           Jim Shimabukuro <[log in to unmask]>
To:             [log in to unmask]
Subject:        OCC-L Course Descriptions (O'Sullivan)

OCC-L:

We received the following descriptions for our OCC-L webpage from Mary
O'Sullivan, Western Wisconsin Technical College. Because of changes in our
media center staff, we haven't been able to post this and the latest
descriptions sent to OCC-L on our webpage at

          http://leahi.kcc.hawaii.edu/org/occ

We'll place them on the webpage as soon as we're able, and we'll send an
announcement to the list.

To submit a description of your online course, please complete the form
appended below. If we haven't announced or posted a description that
you've submitted, please write to [log in to unmask]

OCC-L Online Course Descriptions:

ENGLISH COMPOSITION

WRITTEN COMMUNICATION, 801-195. focuses on teaching the writing process
which includes researching, prewriting, drafting, revising, editing, and
documenting.  Through a variety of writing assignments, the student will
analyze audience and purpose, research and organize ideas, and format and
design documents based on subject matter and content.  The student will
understand how to analyze the needs of specific writing situations and
construct a document to fit the needs of that situation.  To accomplish
these goals he/she must understand process, purpose, audience, revision.
WEBPAGE: The course web page includes full course information,
assignments, examples, writing resources, web resources, reference
material specific to the course, an interactive course outline, and links
to discussion lists.  A virtual classroom MOO is still in the planning
stages. Mary O'Sullivan, PhD, Instructor in Communication Skills
Department, Western Wisconsin Technical College, 304 Sixth Street North,
La Crosse, WI 54601;  Email == [log in to unmask]
URL == http://www.western.tec.wi.us/mfo

TECHNICAL WRITING, 801-197. Designed as an advanced written communications
course, focuses on teaching the preparation and presentation of oral and
written technical reports.  Types of reports may include lab and field
reports, proposals, technical letters and memos, technical research
reports and case studies.  WEBPAGE: The course web page includes full
course information, assignments, examples, writing resources, web
resources, reference material specific to the course, an interactive
course outline, and links to discussion lists.  A virtual classroom MOO is
still in the planning stages.  stages. Mary O'Sullivan, PhD, Instructor in
Communication Skills Department, Western Wisconsin Technical College, 304
Sixth Street North, La Crosse, WI 54601;
Email == [log in to unmask]
URL == http://www.western.tec.wi.us/mfo

If you'd like to include a description of your online class on the Online
College Classroom List (OCC-L) webpage, please complete the following form
and email it to Jim at [log in to unmask]

1. Full Course Title (e.g., Physical Geography: An Earth Systems Science
      Approach):
2. Course Description:
3. Description of Information on the Course Webpage:
4. Your name (+ academic title, e.g., MA, PhD, MBA):
5. Your Position and Department (Associate Prof., Geography):
6. College/University:
7. College's mailing address:
8. Your email address:
9. URL for your course webpage:

                                __|~_
Russell A. Hunt            __|~_)_ __)_|~_           Aquinas Chair
St. Thomas University      )_ __)_|_)__ __)  PHONE: (506) 452-0424
Fredericton, New Brunswick   |  )____) |       FAX: (506) 450-9615
E3B 5G3   CANADA          ___|____|____|____/    [log in to unmask]
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://www.StThomasU.ca/hunt/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~