-- [ From: Andrzej Dabrowka * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Speaking of Confraternities...
I did some research on the confraternities and their cultural significance
in the Netherlands before 1500.
Everybody interested in this topic can read some of my articles which I've
published on my home page (see below). I would be glad to hear your comments
.

-. Quando sagittari sagittaverunt papegay. Der Medienstreit im mittelniederl
ändischen Theaterbetrieb. [discussion of
the relations  between different sorts of groups playing theatre, and of the
15th-c. terminology concerning the plays, players and theatre productions in
the Netherlands; in the town accounts of Arnhem I've found a proof that the
mention of playing theatre on the 'solre' in the Dutch Dordrecht, 1364 could
have meant playing inside a building]
-. De Neidhartspiele en het abel spel Vanden Winter ende vanden Somer op een
solre te Arnhem rond 1400 opgevoerd? [about a possible date of production of
the Neidhartspiele and  one of the abele spelen in a house attic, solarium,
in 1404; against E.Simon who says the  Neidhartspiele were produced only on
the markets]

Available only in print is another study of mine, published in the Dutch
journal De Nieuwe Taalgids 1995 LXXXVIII.4:289-306
-. Symbool en teken in de middeleeuwse media (vroomheidsvormen en culturele
activiteit van de broederschappen)  [social circumstances of the theatrical
activity, esp. the forms of devotion and the confraternities]
I still have some offprints - so if you read Dutch  (and not double Dutch),
write me with address to get one. I would of course gratefully accept  your
publications on similar topics.
My  recent research (Habilitation) goes in a more general direction, begun
with the above and the following:
-. Ontologisch interpretatiekader voor het middeleeuwse drama.
[philosophical and theological impacts on the dramatic genres]

--
Dr Andrzej Dabrowka
 Uniwersytet Warszawski, Instytut Germanistyki