May I nominate three essays for your consideration? In alphabetical order (of
course):

Cole, Susan Letzler. "'Maimed Rites': Shakespeare's _Hamlet_" in her book _The
Absent One: Mourning Ritual, Tragedy, and the Performance of Ambivalence_
(University Park, PA and London: Pennsylvania State University Press,  1985):
41-60.

Crapanzano, Vincent. "Maimed Rites and Wild and Whirling Words" (chapter 13) in
his book _Hermes' Dilemma and Hamlet's Desire: On the Epistemology of
Interpretation_ (Cambridge, Mass. and London: Harvard Univ. Press, 1992):
283-314. Professor Crapanzano is Distinguished Professor of Anthropology at
CUNY; his cross-disciplinary reading is remarkable for its insight, erudition,
and provocation.

Hawkes, Terence, "Telmah," in _That Shakespeherian Rag: Essays on a Critical
Practice_ (London and New York: Methuen, 1986): 92-119. Brilliant, as usual
from him, and written with his characteristic perception, wit, and clarity.

(N.B.: not out of false modesty do I resist the urge to add my own work to this
list--it owes much to all 3 of these.)

Happy reading,

Naomi Liebler