Friends:
Plan to call the surgeon today and begin the process for repairing my
herniated disk. Hope I they can do it sometime during the next two weeks.

Talked  to my neuro last night. He thinks I'll be ready for a pallidotomy
around Nov. 1. In fact, he invited me to participate in an "event" they're
planning. On Nov. 6, the surgeon at Emory U. who developed the current
procedure for pallidotomiies a few years ago will speak at the U. of Texas
Medical School ijn Houston. My neuro and the UT pallidotomy team want to
convince this docor to stay until Friday so he can observe and critique an
operation (UT patterned their program and techiques on Emory's). My neuro
asked me if I would volunteer to the patient.

Of course, I said "yes". Will keep you posted on details if this happens.

Stan Houston (54/6.5)