                Ida; I, too, will be praying for you on 9-23-97.  I had my unilateral
(right side) Pallidotomy on 1 April 1996.  I didn't  see which hospital you
are using. but there are many good ones out there.
                If you have any specific questions about the procedure or how mine went
just E-mail me.  In general summary, the operation returned my ability to
have a quality of life that I had given up ever having again. My main
problems were with On-Off and Freezing.  Depression, Loss of balance etc
had me headed for an nursing home!!
                Obviously the operation was a roaring success.  I still have Parkinsons
and I still take the standard Parkie meds and I still have some symptoms
and I still have good days and bad days, but the disease is once again
under-control.
                Good luck and when you get your strength back we will talk some more on
the internet.

                                        Ron C\64\dx9