Debbie:

You write that ENADA (which is produced & sold by MENUCO CORP.) is the
only form of NADH available. Not so. I have also found that ECOLOGICAL
FORMULAS produces & sells NADH tablets (which I've had a PD-family-member
using and it seems to help). Plus, INNER LIGHT INTERNATIONAL produces &
sells COLLOIDAL NADH, which is for sublingual (under-the-tongue)
administration (several droplets by eyedropper every so often), and we've
found this too to apparently have a good effect.

It was Dr. Walter Birkmayer -- one of the renowned pioneers in PD research
-- who did the key research into utilizing NADH for PD: He found that
administration of NADH (a naturally produced biochemical native to
healthy human cells) can apparently help induce the brain's normally
dopamine-producing cells, which were not doing their job (as in PD), to
reactivate and again start producing dopamine (or to produce more
dopamine) naturally. There is still debate about this in medical circles,
but my impression, as a nonmedical person who's been doing his best to
keep up with developments in this field, is that the orthodox medical
community basically just does not know much about this research and is
more attuned to using standard pharmaceuticals rather than to also
considering alternative approaches such as this one. (I had to persuade
our neurologist -- who is a bright, compassionate man -- to permit us to
even *try* the NADH.) But again, I'm not the expert -- but I have seen
what appear to be positive results with NADH.

I'm sure that some other PD Digest members will also want to respond to
your question about NADH; I've occasionally seen postings here of some who
also say that they use NADH and think it helps a lot.

(I recall some saying that they felt that an optimum dose was a total of
15 mg per day, tablet-form, divided into 3 separate doses.) Personally,
with my family-member, I started her cautiously with a 1.8 mg tablet a few
times a day, gradually increasing the number of times per day to 4 or 5, and
then gradually adding the sublingual droplets of Colloidal NADH every 3
hours; it is important to gradually titrate (i.e., cautiously measure & track)
the level of response, and to seek to achieve the level where tremors are
minimal and dyskinesias are also minimal. Too much NADH, like too much
Sinemet, can put too much dopamine into the system at a given moment, and
thus can cause dyskinsias, which you do not want. So careful tracking is
important.

If you're interested, here are some phone numbers to the companies named
above:

  ECOLOGICAL FORMULAS (Concord, CA): 800-8880-4585; 510-827-2636.
  MENUCO CORPORATION (New York City, NY): 800-636-8261; 212-736-1039.
  INNER LIGHT INTERNATIONAL (Alpine, Utah): 800-677-0997; 801-763-8805.

I've also found that both the MENUCO and ECOLOGICAL FORMULAS brands of
NADH are available through the VITAMIN SHOPPE chain, whose mail-orders
phone number is 800-223-1216.

I hope that this information helps.

-- SS

(Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional, and I have no affiliation
with these companies.)