           ******************* Bulletin ********************

The Senate passed the Udall bill as an amendment to
the Labor, Health and Human Services Appropriation Bill by a
vote of 95 - 3. Only Senators Jeffords VT, Aschcroft MO, and Enzi WY
voted NO.

An amendment to ban fetal tissue research is still pending.
Sen. Coates proposed the fetal tissue ban as an amendment and
 Senator Kennedy strenuously objected. This vote may come tonight.

Also an amendment to study how NIH administers the budget, proposed by
 Senator Frist TN, is pending but I believe pertains to appropriations
for 1999, not 1998.

The Labor, Health and Human Services bill should be voted on tonight or
tomorrow.

I see this as a significant victory and first step toward getting this
done this month.

Lets all take a victory lap and get back to work.  I'm sure instructions
will be
 issued shortly on how to pursue our mission in the House of
Representatives.

--
Kingwood, TX