Dear Donna -

You wrote about your dad:

>He was put on Sinemet - 25/100 (i think) three times a day - plus phys
>therapy.
>But the  Sinemet  made him very sick - he stomach was constantly upset and
he
>didn't want to eat. He also had these weird feelings and could not sleep.
>So the N cut him back to 1 in the AM half at lunch and half with dinner.

I do hope the Mirapex helps your father.  As you've probably seen from other
entries on the list, it doesn't seem to help everyone.  In my opinion, for
what it's worth, it seems to me that those who benefit most are those who are
unable to take the optimum amount of Sinemet, as was the case with Dick.
 Your dad certainly fits that description.  His symptoms are ones I've
learned to recognize as signs of undermedication, at least when Dick has
them.

I'll cross my fingers and hope that your dad benefits as much as Dick did.
 Please let us know how he's doing after he starts the Mirapex.  (I'm
assuming the neuro will prescribe it, if not voluntarily, then if he's asked.
 Let's hope).

For the other list members, I might add that Dick continues to do well on the
Mirapex.  I'm more grateful than ever for it right now, because I'm having
surgery tomorrow, and he'll be able to drive me there and also to interact
with my surgeon when she comes in to report on her findings.  It was
certainly good timing for us to have him so much improved right now.

Margie Swindler     [log in to unmask]