Donna,  I am not a doctor, but my father has PD, is 80 and is much further
along in symptoms, but not much tremor. I think I would start with a
psychologist, and see if your dad's depression could be dealt with by talking
it out.  If you could get him interested in something new, such as a hobby,
or maybe he could just use your computer to access this list, he might be
less depressed. I would push the neurologist to try new approaches, and let
him know all the symptoms. A doctor will often not change anything, if he/she
thinks the patient is doing okay.  Mirapex has helped my father a little, so
far,  but he has only been taking it 3 weeks. I have heard it takes 12 weeks
to get the maximum effect. Don, who has had PD for 25 years and is 72, could
be an inspiration for your father, he recently built a patio, and he said for
8 years he did not even walk, so there is hope for a large improvement. Ken B