<< to talk with any persons who have recently been diagnosed with
 early onset Parkinson's. I'm >>

Hi,

My name is Boyd. I am 55 and diagonosed at 51, although early symptoms
started at around 46. At that age, my short term memory fell apart. This fact
and the horrible stress that my job was causing, sent me over the edge into
full blown PD.

Early PD has many social and economical problems that older patients do not
have to deal with, such as a job and, maybe raising children. I am into
grandchildren so that wasn't the problem for me, the job was. At any rate, I
left a high paying job for disability and Social Security.

As for drugs, my Dr. is keeping me on Sinement for now. I take four tablets
per day and this keeps me in control, sort of.

Here in Memphis, TN., a new support group is starting for early PD patients.
Much better than going to the 65 and over group.

The good news is that with new types of medications, life can still be good
for us PD's.

Boyd

55/3yrs.