At 11:18 PM 8/31/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear List Members,
>
>Nancy's (52/22) recovery from the back surgery is continuing at a pace
>well ahead of schedule.

  We wish Nancy the very best in her recovery!   I, too went through the
misery & process of two back surgeries within a year,  the second being
a fusion with two metal plates, six screws and bone grafts.  Two years have
passed now, the back is well healed and life is great again.  Thanks to
the wonderful people on this listserve, I've learned so much about PD
that I feel confident about managing it to enjoy life for many years to come.
My wife and I will be taking an extended tour of this great U.S.A. in
our minivan.  We just completed a three week trip as a test run and it went
well.
I usually am "on" enough to drive one or two hours a day safely, in order
to give my wife a break at the wheel.
I am very fortunate in having my loving wife of 36 years as a caregiver.
We plan on many more years of quality life together.

Nancy, you will be back out there on that golf course!
The best of everything to you and Robert.

Erv Birzer     59/63
*       Erv & Jan Birzer         *
*       (805) 964-4983)  *