On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, Jackie Gilman wondered:

> My husband, Bob, (46/5yr.) began taking Mirapex on 8/6/97.
>
> Prior to this he was taking:  2 Eld., 3 Permax (1mg), and 5  25/100 CR.
>
> After slowly (over a 3 week period) he substituted a Mirapex (1.0) for a =
> Permax and cutting back to 3 or 4  25/100 CRs a day, and adding one more =
> Mirapex (for a total of 4.0 mg. per day)...  Bob is not doing well at =
> all.
>
> He has NO dyskinesia, but he has extreme stiffness and extreme =
> bradykinesia.  Prior to all of this he functioned pretty well, now he =
> only has about 2 hours at three times each day where he is functional.  =
> He feels greatly pressured and very, very restless - to put it mildly =
> (uncontrollably), he paces the floor all night and even though he is =
> very tired he can not sleep (he has had a total of 6 hours sleep in the =
> last four days!).  I spoke to the nurse and they prescribed =
> Amitriptyline (10 mg) for sleep.  We realize this may take a few days =
> before it will work. =20
>
> Since Bob did not seem to be having any good or bad effects from the =
> Mirapex initially, we did not think all of the above could be from the =
> Mirapex, but now we are not so sure.  Needless to say, I will be calling =
> the Dr. tomorrow.  Has anyone else had these effects?=20
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> Jackie

Jackie

Bob may have cut back too much on the Sinemet. I was in the study and did
not cut back my Sinemet at all. But the effectiveness of the Mirapex was
demonstrated my the fact that during those three years I did not have to
increase the Sinemet either!

Bruce
55/9
Sinemet CR and Mirapex

* What mid-age crises? I'm too busy enjoying my second child-hood! *