Helen,

If everyone used the "subject" line to let others know what is really in their
addition to the list, then some could delete without reading some of the posts.

As it is, most just reply and don't change or adjust the "subject" line which
can cause confusion as well as upsetting some.

You are right that we need humor to get through this depressing business of PD,
and you are right that what is funny to one person is not funny to someone else.
 I believe that each of must judge for ourselves, fully read what seems on the
surface to be interesting and delete the rest.  This is what I do.

don't forget how to laugh
Marling