Hello, all... :)

I am one of the lurkers of the 1500 folks on the list.  I am a doc
(surgeon.. not a neuro) with a very close friend who is a PWP.  I have been
on the list for several weeks now, reading and learning from all of you.
Also, I have greatly enjoyed the banter, poems, jokes, and humor that is
shared with all of us.  As I have little contact with other listmembers
outside the list, private mailings would miss me and many others who also
benefit from the shared "lighter side" of the list.

I recognize that some members don't appreciate all of the humor.  And I
understand that others need to limit the volume of mail (I too, am almost
overwhelmed at times).  I would vote for a better effort to indicate the
subject in the subject line.  But I would sure hate to see the laughter and
smiles coming from the non-serious posts be stifled.  Laughter is the best
medicine!!   :)

Many thanks to all of you who post here.  Your information has helped me not
only in my personal relationship, but also in my work.  Since joining the
list, I have recognized a PWP who had not yet been diagnosed.  Also, I did
surgery on another PWP,  appreciating his needs and hopefully making his
experience a little better as a result.  It would not have been possible
without all of you.

Keep up the good work!!

Faye Armstrong, M.D.